3850 sq ft
Located on the Ware River, this 2 ½-story stone temple-style dwelling was built in 1836. The house remained relatively intact. The current owners sought to preserve the original historic structure while adding a kitchen, a great room and a study/master suite. The one-story hyphen and pavilion at each end finds its clues in the dominance of the historic structure by the diminished scale and mass of the additions in the classical tradition.